Hello 🙂 Today I have another product review from OMG Nail Strips. When I was contacted by OMG Nail Strips, I was allowed to pick two designs, so I picked a nail polish strips (reviewed here, here, and here) and nail foil strips. I enjoyed the nail polish strips (except for the fact that they only lasted for three nights and two days), so I hoped that the nail foil strips would be good as well. There is a variety of different nail foil strips available for purchase from http://www.omgnailstrips.com/nail-foil-strips (for under five dollars), but I chose the Red and Silver Stars Nail Foil Strips.Each set of nail foil strips comes with 16 nail foils in different sizes to fit all your nails. Their nail polish strips can be viewed at http://www.omgnailstrips.com/nail-polish-strips. And their website can be found at http://www.omgnailstrips.com/.
Because I liked the nail polish strips, I had high hopes for these nail foil strips. Here are the claims that are made by the nail foil strip package and website.
- 100% Shiny (Nail Foil Packaging)
- Zero Drying Time (Nail Foil Packaging and here)
- Zero Smudging or Smearing (Nail Foil Packaging and here)
- 16 Shinny Metallic Nail Foil Strips (here)
- Quick and Easy to Apply (here)
- Clean and manicure nails and cuticles prior to applying nail strips
- Peel nail strips from the flat side of the strip, the rounded side will be placed just above your cuticles (If you have shorter nails you may want to cut the nail strips to length leaving about 3/4″ hanging off the tip of your nail)
- Place the round side of the nail strip at the base of your cuticle, applying pressure from the middle of the cuticle press around in one direction and then the other.
- Holding the nail strip at the cuticle base stretch the nail strip over the tip of the nail while smoothing any creases on the side of the nail.
- Using a cuticle pusher tuck the nail foil along the cuticle base
- Hold your nail so it is facing up and with a thin nail file, filing in a (downward only) direction remove the excess nail foil from the tip and around the sides of your nail.
- Now that your nail foil is applied use a hair dryer on a high heat and your finger to smooth out any remaining imperfections (for Nail Polish Stickers heat is not necessary)
Unfortunately, I found the nail foils way more difficult to apply than the nail polish strips, I was only able to apply a few of the nail foils without wrinkles or creases. This is frustrating for me because the nail foils are super shiny and the creases are easily visible in certain lights. I did not like having to use a blowdryer to apply these, it took longer than it did to apply the nail polish strips. I don’t have much else to say about the nail foil strips right now, so here are some pictures.
*The products reviewed in this post were provided to me by a representative of the company in exchange for a product review. See Disclosure for more information*