Hello everyone! I have an exciting post for you all today. I was recently contacted by a representative of OMG Nail Strips to do a product review for their nail strips. These nail strips are more affordable than similar nail strips from big name companies – these nail strips retail for under five dollars, plus free shipping as well as running sales and promotions frequently. There is a variety of nail designs in both nail polish strips and nail foil strips. I was able to choose two designs, so I requested a nail polish strip set (Purple Leopard – the strips that are currently on my nails) and a nail foil set (red and silver foil stars). Each packet of nail strips comes with 14 pieces in different widths. The website for the nail foil strips is http://www.omgnailstrips.com/nail-foil-strips; the website for their regular polish strips is http://www.omgnailstrips.com/nail-polish-strips; and their main website is http://www.omgnailstrips.com/.
I was excited to review these nail strips because I have never used nail strips and have wanted to, but was not sure if they were worth the money. However, this is a win-win situation for me and the company, I get to try something that I have wanted to try and the company gets to gain a product review. I will be posting a daily review of how these nail strips hold up, so check back!
- Lasts 7 Days (Purple Leopard Packaging)
- 100% Shiny (Purple Leopard Packaging)
- Zero Drying Time (Purple Leopard Packaging and here)
- Zero Smudging (Purple Leopard Packaging and here)
- Quick and Easy to Apply (here)
I was sent more specific instructions via email, in addition to the instructions provided on the package:
- Clean and manicure nails and cuticles prior to applying nail strips
- Peel nail strips from the flat side of the strip, the rounded side will be placed just above your cuticles (If you have shorter nails you may want to cut the nail strips to length leaving about 3/4″ hanging off the tip of your nail)
- Place the round side of the nail strip at the base of your cuticle, applying pressure from the middle of the cuticle press around in one direction and then the other.
- Holding the nail strip at the cuticle base stretch the nail strip over the tip of the nail while smoothing any creases on the side of the nail.
- Using a cuticle pusher tuck the nail foil along the cuticle base
- Hold your nail so it is facing up and with a thin nail file, filing in a (downward only) direction remove the excess nail foil from the tip and around the sides of your nail.
- Now that your nail foil is applied use a hair dryer on a high heat and your finger to smooth out any remaining imperfections (for Nail Polish Stickers heat is not necessary)
I found the instructions easy to follow, and the nail strips easy to apply. I used one of the nail strips that was bigger than my nails to test out the application before I went all out. I figured out how to apply the strips and applied them to all my nails and followed the instructions given. I was able to complete all of my nails without any bubbles or bumps (well, except both of my thumbs, but that was purely user error, not the fault of the nail strips). I think that these strips look really good and they were easy to apply. Check back tomorrow morning for how these nail strips hold up on their first day of wear. And now for the pictures!
*The products reviewed in this post were provided to me by a representative of the company in exchange for a product review. See Disclosure for more information*